MCTS was founded by Dr. Aung Mang in 1993. The motto is “Equipping Equippers to Equip the Saints” (2 Tim 2:2) to fulfill the Great Commision (Matthew 28:18-20). It was first located in Phawkan, Insein (1993) and moved to Thamine, Mayangone (1994-96) and finally to present location in 1997. Including Dr. Aung Mang himself, two others Rev. Biak Lun and Rev. Sang Pum served as principal and Mr. Peter Cung is the fourth. About 30 teachers dedicated their lives, time and talents for MCTS.
“To produce biblically trained Christian leaders (servant leaders)”
MCTS is interdenominational in formation and evangelical in doctrinal practice. It is a member of Myanmar Evangelical Christian Alliance (MECA). It also aims to avail accreditation from Asian Theological Association (ATA).
Alumni and Ministry Involvements:
MCTS has trained more than 300 people and around 85 percent (contact based info) of the graduates are engaged in full-time ministries mainly in Myanmar and beyond. They are influential leaders in their community.
Student Body and Ethnic Variety:
MCTS always strives to train people from different ethnic background and regions so that the Great Commission is rapidly implemented. MCTS has trained ministers from Kachin, Kaya, Karen, Chin, Rakhine, Shan, Naga and Bama tribes from different regions of Myanmar.
- We believe that the Bible, given through divine inspiration, is the Word of God which is inerrant, thoroughly trustworthy, and supremely authoritative for our faith and conduct.
- We believe in One God, eternally co-existent in three persons; the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, who is God physically manifested through the virgin birth. We believe in His sinless human life, miracles, substitutionary death, bodily resurrection, ascension, and his universal second advent in glory.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, who supplies the atoning work of Christ to the believers, who also by His indwelling presence enable them to live as God’s holy people, bearing witness to the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the salvation of the lost and sinful, not by works, but by faith in the substitutionary death of Jesus Christ and by regenerating work of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the holy universal Church, consisting of all believers, which is the body of Christ who is the Head of the Church.
- We believe in the resurrecting of the saved and the lost, the former to eternal life, and the latter to eternal condemnation.
- We believe in our responsibility for world evangelization and total dependence on God for achieving it.